Praise for Oslo

Praise for Oslo


Thick forests encircle Oslo

Human voices dare not disturb

Nature’s sacred intent


Oslo is a sleepy hamlet

Sheer style of tranquility

A city to love and savor


I try many things

In quest of heart’s fullness

I am never better than when I am in oslo


Climbing the hillside

I compel my soul

Explore oslo’s old world charm



phantoms of hatred

Grip of claw-

I escape to Oslo



Moors, valleys

Idyllic hills, fjords

Echo in my mind


Oslo, oslo

Ibsen was beside me-

National theatre, Karl Johans gate


I find content

At Ibsen’s grave

I offer flowers


I could spend several months in Oslo

Bicycling through the forest

Exploring the countryside


In oslo

natural beauty on the doorsteps

No terrorism overhead


National theatre

Musing upon Ibsen’s

A Doll’s House


For Yoga and zen

I take in

Oslo’s wooing breeze

-Santosh Kumar,
Oslo, September 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Wisest, the Brightest and the Meanest of Mankind"

Edmund Spenser's Pictorial Power