To Norway:the Subtle Shades of Feeling

To Norway:the Subtle Shades of Feeling

(Written during my visit to Norway Sept 2008)



Miracle of nature

Twilight of inner rest

Sognefjord



Fjord’s climate

Copious fisheries

Paradise is here



Borgund stave churches:

Mind’s eye feeds on

Spiritual shapes



Steep hills

Heaven-touching cliffs

Narrow fjords



Wooden church

Colossus island osteroy

Hounds of terror disappear



Fjord boat

Steam train

Dearest Norway, alas, I must part



Hardanger boat museum

Catch me

Building a model boat



I explore Bergen fjords and mountains

Dreaming of Heaven awhile

Awake, my Muse, awake



Just sight-seeing

Deep sea-fishing

Unpolluted evening breeze



Norway's Glacier Museum

Makes me quite charmed

Away from cruel claw



Nature's sweet notes

Coastal landscape magical

Norway shall live for ever in my song

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Wisest, the Brightest and the Meanest of Mankind"

Edmund Spenser's Pictorial Power